After Extraction Care
I have had my tooth out so what should I know??
- Take it easy for the rest of the day and evening
- Do not over exert yourself
- Use the sterilized gauze supplied to place pressure on the extraction site, change as required until the bleeding has subsided.
- Rest with your head up to avoid bleeding
- Avoid hot food or drinks
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid smoking
- Do not rinse your mouth out for the first 24 hours as the blood clot should not be dislodged or disturbed in anyway. After this time gentle warm salt water rinses several times a day for 2 days will help with keeping the area clean.
If I am in pain what will help me?
Simple pain relief should be all that is required unless prescribed otherwise by your practitioner
- DO NOT take Asprin as this may cause bleeding
- Note that if pain still persists please contact us, as you may have an infection and require some further treatment